Orff Teacher Training Courses
Teacher Education Courses, known as levels courses, provide the depth of understanding of Orff Schulwerk that daylong workshops just begin. A comprehensive three-level curriculum comprised of pedagogy, recorder and movement is designed to develop the musicianship, creativity and teaching strategies of the adult learner. Completing the courses and gaining certification will give the teacher clarity and continuity to implement Orff Schulwerk into the 21st Century classroom.
The courses are offered across the country at different times during the summer. They are usually 60 credit hours in length and take two weeks to complete. Each level has different requirements and the course work is very rewarding.
This year, NEAOSA is offering two $500 Levels Scholarships to help defray the cost of the actual course. The requirements are as follows:
1. You must be an active member of NEAOSA.
2. The scholarship must be used specifically for course-related expenses.
3. You must show proof that you registered for the course.
4. You must submit a copy of your grade report once you receive it from the college or university.
5. You must write an article for the Broadsider that details your experiences.
6. Click on the link below to download the application. Complete it and submit it to the President by the deadline date
written on the form.
Note: If unexpected circumstances arise that prevents you from taking the course, you must return the scholarship to the chapter.