Orff Teacher Training Courses
Teacher Education Courses, known as levels courses, provide the depth of understanding of Orff Schulwerk that daylong workshops just begin. A comprehensive three-level curriculum comprised of pedagogy, recorder, and movement is designed to develop the musicianship, creativity, and teaching strategies of the adult learner. Completing the courses and gaining certification will give the teacher clarity and continuity to implement Orff Schulwerk into the 21st Century classroom.
The courses are offered across the country at different times during the summer. They are usually 60 credit hours in length and take two weeks to complete. Each level has different requirements and the course work is very rewarding. Consult AOSA's Website for more information.
NE/AOSA Levels Scholarship
This year, NEAOSA is awarding a set number of Levels Scholarships to help defray the cost of the actual course. The requirements are as follows:
1. You must be an active Season Package Registrant of NE/AOSA.
2. The scholarship must be used specifically for course-related expenses.
3. You must show proof that you registered for the course.
4. You must submit a copy of your grade report once you receive it from the college or university.
5. You must write a testimonial for this web page that also details your experiences in the levels course.
6. Complete the online scholarship form below to apply. The deadline to apply is March 26, 2022. Please note, submitting the online form is preferred; however, if you absolutely need to use a paper form, a limed number of paper applications will be available at the March Workshop. You can also email the treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a paper copy.
Note: If unexpected circumstances arise that prevents you from taking the course, you must return the scholarship to the chapter.